Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My Cup Runneth Over...



























Let the purpose of all marriages and friendships alike be the deepening of the spirit and the enrichment of the soul...Unknown

I am just toooo excited right now....this is my very first post (Jenny)!  I am now a blogger.  I think I may have a bit of blogger's block right now though.  I hope to write inspiring and thought provoking blogs in the future like my friend Milton :) but for today I just wanted to back up from our first week in Green Bay and share a little bit about these last few weeks!  Well, really the last few months!  
Since the day we were engaged in October, life has truly been a whirlwind.  Planning the wedding in a short amount of time (which I still would not have any other way) and then Matt accepting the job in Green Bay in December...WHEW!  The last few weeks before the wedding were the most crazy, with Matt gone for nine days, our whirlwind trip to Green Bay to take our stuff the weekend before we were married and the last minute details of the wedding...but as the Lord promised, He will never give us anything we cannot handle and we did it!  
The wedding weekend was incredible.  Better than either of us could have ever dreamed of or imagined.  From the Bachelorette Party for me given by my sisters, to the Bridesmaid's Brunch to the Rehearsal Dinner to the Wedding and Reception---it was wonderful! One thing I have always loved about weddings is the excuse that they give for those you love most to be gathered together.  It was so special.  Matt and I have been overwhelmed by the whole experience---from the showers to the wedding.  People are so giving and gracious and we have just been so humbled and thankful. 
 After the wedding, Matt and I headed to Playa Del Carmen, Mexico for our Honeymoon (see pictures above)!  It was great.  We stayed at Secrets Resort and Spa.  We had BIG plans to leave the resort and get involved at different events at the Resort but we did not do any of them!  Well, we did attend a mexican dance and dinner and got our picture taken with a monkey but other than that we just relaxed and ate (the food was wonderful-you should have seen me at the buffet)!  We were glad we DID relax though, with the month before the wedding being so crazy and then moving after the Honeymoon...we would not change a thing.   
And now to today...  getting married and moving over 12 hours away have been the biggest steps I (Jenny) have ever taken in my entire life.  Leaving family and friends so dear has been difficult and I know it will probably never be easy for me to be this far away. But....I would not change it!  Matt and I are excited to be here in Wisconsin and we look forward to all that he has in store for us these next two to three years.  I absolutely love being with my best friend everyday.  I love unpacking and settling into our apartment and making it home for us.  I love that we are now a new family!  And that is why my cup runneth over today....this sweet life, my wonderful family ( and new family in the Shelby's), the best friends a girl could ever have and the most wonderful man in the world for a husband.  


2 comments:

  1. Jenny and Matt, LOVE hearing from the two of you and getting a visual of the Frozen Tundra (as well as that AWESOME honeymoon). MY cup overflows with JOY and EXCITEMENT for the two of you. CO has had a mild winter this year (which includes no less the 10 big snows which is NOT mild for this AR girl) and I think God totally did that for ME. He knew what I could handle! This is JB but for some reason it is showing up as Jayme. Sorry about that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post Jenny! I can't tell you how happy I am for you. I'm so glad I get to keep up with you guys.

    Here's ours: thekeylorfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete