Thursday, March 19, 2009

Our times are in HIS hands-Psalm 31:15


Today I am writing from Luna, a local coffeehouse here in De Pere.  Life is good... The sun is shining and a light snow is falling, I am sipping a honey latte, coffee is being ROASTED in the next room (you can actually watch them roast it if you like), the playlist of music so far has been U2 and the Counting Crows---could I be more in my element?  This is really my first true time to venture out by myself since arriving in Wisconsin.  Besides the usual errands of running to the grocery store or the post office, I have only ventured out with Matt by my side.  It feels good to be out today, on my own and out of my comfort zone.  Sitting here gives me the chance to process through the last few weeks....The other day, I sat in the apartment in silence, just trying to listen to what the Lord wanted to say and what lessons can be learned from this time in life.  Describing this season is difficult, as it is the most joyous (being married to Matt, starting our life, having a complete blast together, making a home) and yet, I am lonely and lost as well.  I have struggled to be content in the waiting---for a Church, for friends, for a job.  PATIENCE is definitely the lesson I have learned the most about so far.  Matt and I tried out a Church on Sunday.  And though sweet people and a good Church, we just did not feel like it was going to be our home.  I found myself frustrated as we found our seats and waited for the service to begin.  I just want a community group and friends and women to connect with, I thought to myself.  I felt as if the Lord quickly admonished me and showed me that though this particular Church may not be home to us, it is preaching truth and it is home to others and meets their needs.  I was also reminded that last Sunday was only our second Sunday and second Church to try.  These things take time.  PATIENCE.  And so, with that, this week has been much better.  I know I must wait and just ENJOY.  And so I am.  I am enjoying the rest that has been given to me in this time of not working.  I am enjoying being a wife to Matt and learning how to cook!  I am enjoying just waiting for him to walk in the door from work each day (my favorite part of the day).  I am enjoying this coffeehouse.   ENJOY.  

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this, Jenny. You are so wise and have such a great outlook on things. I have where you are right now. Actually, I AM there! God will see you through the loneliness and is already teaching you great things about yourself and Himself. I like to think this time of not being able to find a job is a really a blessing in disguise. Oh, I have definitely found myself frustrated and discouraged, but at the end there's...God. I think it has been good because I am just learning to BE: a wife, a daughter, a sister, a child of God and...me. I feel more at ease with myself now than I ever have. I pray the same for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! Great hearing from you heart! Oh how I love your heart! Praying for you! JB

    ReplyDelete